Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Inspiration from a beanbag??



So many things can be inspiring. A graduation speech, a painting, a beautiful piece of music, a photograph, kind words, a good book, even a little girl's bedroom! Our SCS Challenge this week was to draw inspiration from pictures of bedroom stuff by Target!
I chose the beanbag chairs (click here and here) and the picture above is what I came up with. I love the pinwheel and quilted look and the soft colors of this card. I first cut and pieced the pinwheel papers together, attached it to a scalloped Rose Red piece, added the bling gem, and went from there. The Cuttlebug is never far from my stamp table now, and I used the Happy Birthday embossing folder for part of the background.
I don't have a ticket punch yet, so I used my scallop scissors (backwards) to create the cut out corners. "Friend" is stamped on the little piece inside the aged copper frame. Two sizes of organdy ribbon, some Hodgepodge Hardware, a few Stickles here and there for sparkle and I am done! Definitely inspired....

2 comments:

  1. Love the DP and the color choices in this! That scallop cirlce is so nice in this card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh! Love this one. My Cuttelbug is close at hand all the time as well. A great investment!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!