Monday, June 18, 2007

Comfort and Care

You know, most people just want to know that someone cares about them. A simple card, arriving at an unexpected time, can bring sunshine and cheer to an otherwise heavy day. We all have burdens to carry - some heavier than others - but everyone has "something." You know that saying about walking in someone else's shoes is so true!
Today's SCS challenge was to make "Speedy Cards for Good Causes" -- spending more time sending more than making "one" masterpiece. It's funny, because I was making my little 4.25 inch square card when I found the challenge and it fit exactly! I had already decided that I was sending a card to a friend who needed a lift ~ and there was the challenge! I had this lovely paper on my desk already from yesterday's challenge and just put together something from that. It took about 5 minutes to cut and glue! The flower is cut in four layers and each is mounted on dimensionals. It's kind of hard to read, but on the fabric tag in the oval it says "friend."

And yes, it only took five minutes -- cutting paper is so fast - no stamping involved on this one!

I have always liked the mouse from Nice and Easy Notes -- with the wheel it makes a super quick cheery card. This one took a little longer -- almost the full ten minutes - I color slowly! I wanted to color the whole wheel of mousies and thought after the main one - no way will I make it in under 30 minutes (LOL), so I decided to roll the wheel on paper instead. I used two coordinating DP's, glued them onto Whisper White, attached the ribbon - the scallop was already punched (yay, Charlene!!), added Dimensionals and.... Hooray!
Now go make a speedy card and send it to someone who needs a hug!

5 comments:

  1. Great cards! Love the mouse card with the bright colors. And I really like the layers on the other one. Are those layered flowers from the paper???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa! Is that a newly organized workspace that I see in the background????

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are great! so cute!! love that layered flower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, these are great! You sure do know how to put things together!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!