Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Stamping on Designer Paper (DP)


Sometimes I am slow to pick up on an idea - well, ok, a lot of times! I used to just stamp on plain cardstock or color it in -- lately I have been trying to stamp on patterned paper for more depth. I tried it with the Nice and Easy Notes mouse card (see below) and I liked it. Today I wanted to make a patriotic card so I would actually have them done in time to send out! I loved this Karen Foster paper, and decided to use it for the SCS Sketch Challenge today, which you can see here. I moved the circle piece over a bit so you could see Lady Liberty. The sentiment says "Honor and Liberty."

Since organizing my stamp room, I have about a thousand brads and eyelets I didn't know I had, so I am determined to use them every day! :) And I love the Mat Stack with the pattern template for piercing!

I am hoping that there is a new patriotic set in the new catalog. Speaking of which, my catalogs are coming soon! By Monday! Only a few more days to see what I will NEED. (Uh huh....)

2 comments:

  1. Wow!! No that is a VERY impressive card! What great inspiration! I'm going to have to play with that concept myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy...I saw this on SCS and was just stunned! This is gorgeous!!! I love it...every detail...and that paper seems like it was made for that set! Wow!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!