Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Never Enough Thyme


This is my card for today's Color Challenge:
More Mustard
Old Olive
Bashful Blue

What a fitting sentiment for my days lately. I seem to run out of hours in the day to do what I need to do. Sounds familiar to all of us, I am sure. In fact, I am running out of a lot of stuff. Groceries, dog treats (ever so important), time, patience.....PAPER! I had no blues in this house except for ONE sheet of Blue Bayou -- and several jazz recordings of Blues music. So I popped in a Miles Davis CD and began to make my card - knowing that I would be substituting a darker shade of blue. But it fits.....no paper.....no thyme!

The stamp set I chose is called Sweet Herbs. It's a retired Stampin' Up! set, but one of my favorites! The background is stamped in Blue Bayou. Each layer is distressed with the Cutter Tool and the edges are then ink distressed using the direct to paper technique with Creamy Caramel. I watercolored the main image and the sentiment using a variety of Stampin' Up! dye ink pads and an aqua brush. The Dotlets are by Doodlebug and the ribbon is attached with Antique Copper Hodgepodge Hardware.

I hope you find thyme today to stamp something!

3 comments:

  1. One of my all time favorite sets! Love the colors! What Miles are you listening to? I suppose it's a good thing you don't have the blues... (LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card -- the distressing is really neat and the colors look great together!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!