Monday, October 15, 2007

Happy Birthday to You~

I never seem to have enough birthday cards on hand. And, as you know, if you have read my blog this past week, I take too long to make one card! So I decided to come up with 5 different birthday cards that I could make it 15 minutes! That is less time than it would take me to go to the nearest store that has cards (which would be Walgreen's -- not a lot of choice there...). So here is the first one. It is even already in the mail! Watch later this week for the other four!

I discovered that River Rock goes great with Spring Flowers DP -- only because my desk is a mess and those two were in a pile I was sorting though! I couldn't find the middle for this flower in my stamps (like I said - messy desk!), so I used my friend Holly's (Toy) idea of a pencil eraser (in Chocolate Chip ink). The flowers are stamped off once with Cameo Coral, then I added Stickles for some shine -- They look kind of funky here, but I like how they turned out IRL!

Stamps: All by Stampin' Up! Heartfelt Thanks, Watercolor Joy Wheel, Short & Sweet
Paper: River Rock, Very Vanilla, Spring Flowers DP, Chocolate Chip
Ink: Cameo Coral, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: ribbon, oval punches, Stickles, dimensionals, slit punch

4 comments:

  1. What a CUTE card!!
    I love how you did the centers!!
    And how great is that--that the River Rock goes with that dp!! (BTW--LMK if you want more!!)
    ~Juliana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors and the flowers! I really like that flower stamp. Is THIS ONE my birthday card? Huh-huh-huh-huh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judy, this is so pretty! One of the things that I love most about your work, is how you combine colors/papers that I normally wouldn't think to put together...and end up with a gorgeous result! You have such an eye for that! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!