Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Have you seen this bird?


I am hoping that this little spring colored bird will eventually bring spring! Yesterday everyone was grumpy -- Snow flurries, 12 degree windchill and 45 mph winds do not happy people make! LOL

If I had to choose what my "favorite" stamping item would be, I am not sure what I would say. But if I decided the answer on the basis of what I have the most of, it would be Designer Paper. I just love it - I am a wallpaper person too - if it wasn't such a pain, every single room in my house would have wallpaper. The pretty patterns and combinations just really catch my eye.

I made this for the SCS Technique Challenge -- using two or more designer papers. These papers are from Basic Grey - from a newer line called Two Scoops. I have had them for over a month and had not yet used them. I prefer the 6 x6 pads, as the designs are smaller and more useable on cards. I also had not yet mounted my new little set from Stampin' Up! called "Spring Song." So, the two came together to make my card.

I used the sketch from Holly's blog for my layout! The bird is watercolored using pads and an aqua brush.

Stamps: Spring Song
Paper: DCWV Textured Charcoal, Pretty in Pink, Whisper White, Wild Wasabi, Basic Grey Two Scoops DP
Ink: Black Stazon, Close to Cocoa, Pretty in Pink, Wild Wasabi, Bordering Blue
Accessories: blue brads, pink organdy ribbon, ticket corner punch, designer label punch, dimensionals

6 comments:

  1. This card is a beauty! love the combinations of patterns and colors and I love that bird stamp too!

    Hope it warms up quickly in your neck of the woods!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this bird, and HAD to order it, but I have not created anything with it yet. He is just so cute, and your card is just sooooo Gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  3. I seldom buy SU, but when invited to a party, I ordered this set. Seeing this card makes me very happy that I did. Can't wait to case you. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen that bird!

    Check out my blog. I think your ears will enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful card.. I love the combination of colors you used.
    Have a good day !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great paper! Great layout! Great set- I love the birdie!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!