Thursday, April 17, 2008

Acrylics Come in All Varieties!


Today's SCS Ways to Use It Challenge was to use acrylics of some kind on your card. I used an acrylic button, which has a lovely etched design on it, and acrylic Raindrops on each flower middle, the button holes, and the sentiment scallop piece.
Here is a close-up of the pretty flower design on the button:

I stamped the flower from Embrace Life (Stampin' Up!) with Certainly Celery and then watercolored it with Pretty in Pink. I added Stickles to the flower edges and middle. The leaves are made from the flower - again stamped in Certainly Celery, but then watercolored with the same color. The middle strip is from a lovely piece of DP I got from a friend - but I don't know who makes it.

It is raining here today -- I love that -- but it definitely affects the lighting! I may try to re-take for truer colors later today or tomorrow.

5 comments:

  1. Ohhhh....so soft and elegant!! I really love that look of the rain drops on the buttonholes!!! Those colors are just so pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely! Love the rain drops and clear button! Gorgeous papers too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even with the lighting, I can tell this is a super card....I love the little embellishments!
    LeAnne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soft colors- beautiful! I like the button and other 3-D embellies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was a fun challenge and I love the card you have made!!! The colors are so pretty and the big button is perfect with the card!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!