Saturday, October 18, 2008

Blessings


I made this little card to celebrate the birth of new baby! A couple in our church had their first baby - a boy - a week ago today. I love the little sassy attitude of the gosling trying out his wings! All stamps are by Hambo Stamps.

The border punch is Martha Stewart - my WalMart had this one. It is really hard to punch, however, when you have good quality cardstock like Stampin' Up!'s. Most punches I can work successfully sitting down - this one I have to stand and really push hard. But it does make a lovely border! I sponged the edges with Bashful Blue to help them show up against the back of the card better. The card is approximately 4.25 inches square.

The geese are stamped with Basic Gray ink and are colored light gray with Copic C-1 and C-3. Their feet are done with my Barely Banana Stampin' Up! marker.

I used this sketch for my layout and flipped it on its side:

Thanks for stopping by today! I am feeling much better and am off to the Farmer's Market to buy pumpkins and gourds!

Stamps: Hambo Stamps: Blessings & Mother Goose
Paper: Bashful Blue, Barely Banana, Whisper White, POP DP
Ink: Basic Gray, Bashful Blue, Barely Banana, Copic C-1 and C-3
Accessories: large oval punch, grosgrain ribbon, Martha Stewart border punch, circle cutter, blue eyelet

11 comments:

  1. Great colours, the peachy ribbon is spot on for a baby card, with the blue. Fiskars border punches and corner punches are the same - I am always afraid of breaking them on anything more than very thin card :-(.
    Glad you're feeling better, but still, don't overdo it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful, delicate card, soooo sweet! I really, really, really want that MS punch, but it's so difficult to get hold of in the UK and so expensive. You've done a great job with it!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohh what a sweet little geese...I love how you colored them and I really like the punch...I might have to get it, even if it is hard to punch!

    Putting your ribbon in the mail on Monday! (the missing ribbon got here today!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous!! Love the punched border. I didn't even recognize the SCS sketch at first - love it on its side!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww....those geese are so perfect for a baby card! Love these soft precious colors and love the punched border!!
    hugs, Jami

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is very sweet, love the fancy edge and the goose is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwwww, this is so sweet and dreamy! I love baby card too! Excellent take on the sketch, I had to look at it twice!
    --Becca

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did an amazing job with this sketch! I love it! I love the punched border. I agree with you on those Martha Stewart Punches. They are pretty, but they don't work on thick paper. I have the same problem with Friskar punches. The only punches that I have found that really work well are Stampin Up! punches.

    ReplyDelete
  9. that is adorable. i esp love how you attached the sentiment! so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We are expecting a boy in a months time...what a beautiful card! And I've been wondering where that punch was coming from...I think I have to have it :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!