Saturday, January 29, 2011

Bees and Turkeys! Oh Honey!

I am allergic to bee stings.  Probably many of you are as well.  I swell up and the stung area gets red and blotchy.  I don't carry an EpiPen, but probably should.  And the weird thing about this is that I like bees and bee images.  I even have a very small collection of bee things. And lots of bee stamps, because I think they are so cute.  I am interested in beekeeping too.  Somewhere I heard that blondes have a scent to their skin that attracts bees and mosquitoes.  Hurray!  That is probably not true, but they sure seem to love me in the summer and spring. So today I want to share one of my cards with bees with you!

I stamped my images (Dani's Garden Swing by Sparkle N Sprinkle) with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, and then colored in with Copics and Spica Glitter Pens.  I added Crystal Ice Glitter to Dani's dress and the bee wings. Click on the photo below for a close-up of the glitter!


We have a flock of wild turkeys that live by our house. The most I have ever counted is 23.  Usually we see 7-10 together.  They are kind of adopted by our neighborhood and many people feed them - and even have little turkey houses! It always brings me joy to see them out.  They are either in our yard (which my labs love HA) or across the street or down a block. The other day I was driving to work and there were 5-6 of them across the street.  I always stop and take a good look - sometimes I can even grab a picture or two.  I rolled down my window and this tom started talking and gobbling away!

Makes me feel guilty about enjoying eating turkey so much......Then he walked in front of my car with his friends:

They always bring a big smile to me and it's a great way to start my work day! Joy #13: TURKEYS!

Thanks for all of your comments! I am looking to reach 200 followers by February 1st. I have some yummy blog candy to give away and would like to do that when I reach 200.  I only need TWO more! Click on the "Follow" button in my right sidebar.

Have a great day!

7 comments:

  1. Now you only need 1!!! Been 'following' your blog on Google reader for quite a while....now I'm officially a follower. Love your bee card and the turkey pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Judy!

    How cool, you actually have turkeys walking around on the streets, ha ha! Love those photos! Amazing animals they are!
    Your card is really nice, I love the colors and also especially the sentiment, so funny in combination with the image!!

    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. I now see that you actually already hit the 200 followers! Yihoe! Congratulations on that!! Happy Sunday!
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, the bee stamps are too adorable! :D What a sweet card...

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet card, Judy! Love the fresh colors and little crocheted accent. I didn't know that about blondes and bees. I just know I'm allergic and they find me in a crowd, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love those bees in your image and the turkeys crack me up!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!