Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Joys Come From Simple and Natural Things

Today's post is a quick one! My daughter and husband are off on a backpack trip to Utah and I am painting the dining room as a surprise, and have to get to it before they get back!


My card today is such a serene scene.  It is a 4" x 4" stamp from I Brake For Stamps called Joy Comes From. I added some sparkle with my Spica Glitter pens to the sky and the water. I had to change the lighting a little so you could see it. Click on the photo below for a close-up!

I stamped the image in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and then colored with various Copic markers.  I kind of wanted a watercolor look, so I let the coloring bleed into other colors. Take a little shopping trip to I Brake For Stamps today and use this code for 10% off! SAVE10JUDY

A big thank you to Amber, for awarding me with her Inspiration Award! Thank you so much Amber! She has started a new challenge blog.  Check it out! 

 Off to paint! 

Challenges for this card:
Make It Monday - Anything Goes 
Stamping Vacation - Little House on the Prairie (scenery somewhere must have looked like this!)

Card Recipe: 
Stamp: Joy Comes From by I Brake For Stamps
Paper: Mellow Moss, Elegant Eggplant, Naturals White, Perfect Plum, Bashful Blue
Accessories: Tim Holtz embossing folder, Studio 18 purple gems, RRR purple ric rac, Copic Markers, Spica Glitter pens, MS branch punch, EK Success Scalloped Border Embossing punch

3 comments:

  1. I love your scenic card Judy. Spica glitter pens? Hhhhmmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Judy

    Stunning card!! I love the added shimmer to the water.

    Thank you for linking up to Make It Monday this week.

    Michelle :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!