Sunday, April 22, 2012

It's Featured Stamper Sunday!

I love being a part of the Featured Stamper Challenge Hostess team at Splitcoast. It is such fun to search the galleries finding amazing talent! There are so many! But, when Sunday rolls around, it is even more fun to honor that stamper by casing (Copy And Share Everything) one of her creations.

Today was my friend Julie's turn to hostess, and she chose a very talented and prolific stamper, Karen Haman aka kthaman. Karen does beautiful work, and I had such a fun time going through her gallery. I finally settled on this darling tag card.  Here is what I came up with:


I got this ADORABLE set from Sweet 'N Sassy Stamps and inked it up the same day! It comes with cute-as-can-be sentiments. I love the artwork on this. I kept Karen's theme and layout, changed images and colors, and added a row of buttons to the bottom.  IRL, the buttons are the same darker pink as in the cute designer paper. Here they look a little red, but they are PINK! I hand cut my little branch for the owl to sit on.

I added an extra layer of wings, eyes and feathered tummy for dimension. I love how this turned out, and I know I will use this set again and again.

Thanks for taking a peek!!

Stamps: Owl Be There by Sweet 'N Sassy Stamps
Paper: Kraft, Wild Wasabi, Neenah Solar White, Recollections DP
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: pink gingham and green dotted grosgrain ribbon (Offray), heart buttons, Scallop dies (SNSS)

4 comments:

  1. This is so darned cute! I love the owl image and the background is just perfect for him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally cute! Love how he matches your paper and the buttons are darling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is so SWEET, I love that owl image and background paper!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohhhhh this is stinkin cute! love that pink owl....thank you so much for the warm welcome..can't wait to create with u all!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!