Sunday, August 25, 2013

A Festive Celebration

Today's Splitcoast Featured Stamper Challenge honors gabalot, with her lovely prolific gallery and fun, artsy style. I chose this Flowers for a Friend card for my inspiration.
I kept Gabby's three flowers and sentiment layout pretty close, but added some layers, embossing, and scoring. I changed images and colors and added a bow and pearls for embellishments.

My images are from Just Rite's Festive Poinsettia stamp set. I stamped on La Blanche Specialty Stamping Paper with Rich Razzleberry ink. I then scored three lines around the sentiment using my Scor-Pal Tool.
I matted the stamped panel with Prima Craftsman designer paper and mounted it on a white cardstock base embossed with the Regal M-Bossilbilities folder. I wanted a kind of subtle "fade in, fade out" look to the folder, so didn't have the embossing cover the entire piece of cardstock.
I finished off my card with a White Tulle bow and Snow Pearls. Everything is held together with 1/4" Scor-Tape. I like the simple elegance and CAS design. I hope you do too!  

Thanks for stopping by today and be sure to stop by The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store to see all of the fabulous things that Sharon carries!

No Time To Stamp?

Stamps: Festive Poinsettia (Just Rite)  
Paper: 4x5.5 Specialty Stamping Paper (La Blanche), Sweet Tooth CS (Poptone), Craftsman DP (Prima) 
Ink: Rich Razzleberry (SU!)  
Accessories: Snow Pearls (Kaiser), White Tulle (SS), Regal M-Bossibilities (SB), Scor-Tape (SS)

3 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!