Monday, October 19, 2015

Brusho Backgrounds

Hey stamping friends!
Today I want to share a card you may have seen already with the fabulous new October release from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps -- and show how I made the background. (Scroll down one post for the new release!)

I used Brusho Crystal Colors (watercolor powdered pigments) for the entire background and it's so easy!

First, I stamped my dove from Name Above All Names in Archival Black Ink by Stampin' Up! Make sure you are using an ink that doesn't bleed when combined with water. I recommend this pad -- or India Ink for use with Brusho. You will notice I have a texture to my watercolor paper -- for that you will want Cold Press paper. If you want a smooth finish, you will need Hot Press.
Next I gathered my other supplies. I am using two colors today -- Turquoise and Ultramarine Blue.
I sprinkle tapped the Turquoise powder (a VERY SMALL amount - it's easier to add then take away!) on my paper and then misted with a fine spray (Ranger misters are widely available and work great, but any fine mist will do. You will see a couple of larger crystals above in the lower left photo. I took those off, as I knew it would be too much powder for what I wanted.

I misted and added until I got the look I wanted, then sprinkled the Ultramarine blue on top. I made a little blue branch for my dove to sit on by turning and tapping the powder down the side of the card.
I misted again, and then heat set with my heat gun.

The dove was watercolored with Sakura Koi watercolor paints and then cut out. I stamped the sentiment with Archival Black ink and adhered the dove with foam tape. I added a mat of violet cardstock behind the main panel. All done!
Once you try Brusho powders, you will LOVE them!


1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!