Saturday, October 15, 2016

Christmas Pines

 I grew up in Northern Arizona, where the pine trees are abundant -- and the smell of the pines always changed just slightly for each season. I miss that in the Central Plains, where I live now. Give me a pine image, though, and that scent comes back in a moment!

Today's card uses images from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps' Christmas Pine clear stamp set. 
I stamped my image in Mossy Meadow ink (Stampin' Up!) on Arches watercolor paper. I took an Aqua Brush and pulled some of the color out and around the pines, and left some open spaces to give the impression of snow on the branches. The sentiment was stamped with VersaFine Onyx Black ink. I added some splatters around the edges with the Mossy Meadow.

I punched two small round holes up in the corner and tied a bow with my favorite Natural Burlap String. I added a little sparkly burgundy embellishment on top of the knot. 

Behind the main panel, I cut and adhered a length of Burgundy Netting for texture and added interest.  It was a perfect match with my cardstock! Both the netting and the burlap string come in a wide variety of colors for all sorts of occasions!

All panels are adhered together with 1/4" Scor-Tape.

 Enjoy your weekend and thanks for stopping by!

Challenges: 
Challenge Up Your Life-Natural Materials
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas-Cute or Anything Christmas Goes 
Crafting With An Attitude-Always Anything Goes 
Moving along with the Times-Trees and/or Leaves
Crafting By Designs-Add a sentiment 
A Snowflakes Promise-Anything Goes with optional theme of Twist of the Seasons


6 comments:

  1. Hi Judy,
    what a very brilliant card, and such a lovelt design.
    I love the stamped pine branches.
    Thank you for joining the MAWTT Challenge.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely holiday cad, thanks for sharing with A Snowflakes Promise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 303 – you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for October - I'd love to see it there too x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a really great card! Thanks for sharing at Challenge up your life!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!