Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Heated Copper Accents

A couple of weeks ago I hosted the Splitcoaststampers Technique Lovers Challenge. I tried a new-to-me technique that has awesome results: Loll Thompson's awesome Heated Copper Accents Tutorial.
I used the Wrinkle Free Distress technique to make my watercolor background with Distress Inks, then stamped my sentiment using my Mini Misti with VersaFine Onyx Black ink. I cut a frame (All Framed Up by Reverse Confetti), and then added an Earth Tone Cottage Rose Mulberry Flower from Really Reasonable Ribbon (so many gorgeous flowers HERE). The copper background was done following the Heated Copper Accents Tutorial, and using the variation given for running it through a die cut machine. 

I would have liked more variation in the colors, but I don't have a blow torch! I'm not sure a heat gun is hot enough. I did get some blues on the left and reds on the right! I think I love some of the other looks from samples in the Gallery so much that I want to get one of those little Creme Brulee torches!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!