Thursday, December 8, 2016

Beautiful Blooms for December

One week gone from December already! Wow! I know that as I get older, I surely feel like I am on the fast train :)

I love seeing poinsettias all over town in stores and friends' homes. The deep red is such a beautiful color, and the white such a contrast. My favorite, though, are the pink poinsettias. Pink is my favorite color for anything, really, and I love the light pink petal blooms.

My card today is my submission for the Really Reasonable Ribbon Winter Holiday Challenge. This is our last challenge for 2016, so I hope you will play along!
I stamped the poinsettia image (Penny Black) using VersaColor Sand ink, and then embossed with White Detail Embossing Powder (Sparkle n Sprinkle). I colored the poinsettia with Copic markers R83 & 85, RV02, and added Kaiser Latte Pearls to the center. I stamped and colored another poinsettia to layer the middle on top.

I chose the beautiful RRR Pearl Pink Grosgrain and pleated it for an elegant look, then lay some trim from my stash on top, and added more pearls. The sentiment is from Inky Antics and is stamped with Soft Sky (SU!) ink. Everything is held together with Scor-Tape.

I hope your December days are filled with beautiful blooms! 

2 comments:

  1. So feminine and pretty. Love the pleated ribbon too! Gorgeous card Judy! I was thinking of you today, when I heard on the radio about giraffes being put on the endangered list. They have declined in no.s 40% in the last 30 years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you handled ribbon on this card! Those pleats really grabbed my attention...then to add further embellishment really drew my eyes! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!